Veterinary Internal Medicine Specialists
Why Choose MedVet Internal Medicine
Our internal medicine team members, many of whom are board-certified, specialize in providing critical and long-term care for pets. We work closely with your family veterinarian to develop an individualized health plan for your pet to optimize their outcome and quality of life.
In our state-of-the-art facilities, your pet receives the most advanced therapies and procedures available from a team who is consistently at the forefront of veterinary internal medicine care, research, and technology. Our doctors have generated original independent studies and are strong contributors to national and international internal medicine studies for dogs and cats. This experience and expertise make us a preferred partner for many family veterinarians.
- Blood disorders
- Endocrine diseases
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Geriatric medicine
- Immune-mediated disorders
- Infectious diseases
- Kidney and urogenital diseases
- Liver problems
- Pancreatic disorders
- Respiratory diseases
What to Expect During an Internal Medicine Visit
When you schedule your appointment, our team will share information about pre-registering for your visit and how to prepare, which may include things like making sure your pet has not eaten or bringing a list of their medications.
During your pet’s consultation, our team will review your pet’s medical records from your family veterinarian and discuss your pet’s lifestyle and health history with you. We will perform a comprehensive physical exam and check your pet’s vital signs including blood pressure, heart rate, and respiratory rate.
Based on our findings, your pet may need advanced testing, such as an ultrasound, X-ray, or CT scan. We will discuss your pet’s diagnosis and treatment plan with you and answer any questions you may have. Our team partners with your family veterinarian to provide the best treatment options for your pet.
Internal Medicine Services
- Bone marrow analysis including biopsy and aspirates
- Cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) analysis
- Endotracheal washes
- Immune-mediated disease therapy
- Joint fluid analysis
- Metabolic and endocrine testing and treatment
- Specialized diagnostic bloodwork
- Systolic blood pressure measurement and monitoring
- Ultrasound-guided aspirates and biopsies
- Esophageal ballooning
- Upper GI (gastroduodenoscopy)
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Digital radiographs (X-rays)
- Feeding tube placement and management (stomach feeding tubes and esophageal feeding tubes)
- Hemodialysis and therapeutic plasma exchange
- Intravenous pyelography and cystogram
- IV nutrition (TPN)
- Laser ablation of ectopic ureters and other urinary abnormalities
- Laser lithotripsy
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Minimally invasive stent placement
- Submucosal collagen injections
- Ultrasonography (ultrasound)
Not all services are available in every hospital. Contact your local MedVet for services for that location.