Veterinary Critical Care
Why Choose MedVet Critical Care
Our critical care and intensive care unit (ICU) teams use the most recent medical advances and nursing techniques to assist in the recovery of unstable pets and give them the fighting chance they need to navigate the toughest conditions. We provide round-the-clock monitoring and nutritional support for severely ill or injured patients.
When every second counts, MedVet’s multi-specialty approach ensures an entire team of specialized doctors are focused on providing your pet with immediate, comprehensive care. Our critical care veterinary specialists are at the core of this collaborative team working in unison with our entire clinician team to manage your pet’s condition in our state-of-the-art facilities. Partnering closely with our emergency clinicians, our critical care team provides immediate stabilization to unstable pets presenting with decompensated shock and trauma.
And you’ll have immediate access to other experts in specialties such as Cardiology, Neurology & Neurosurgery, and Internal Medicine – to name a few. Our team works collaboratively with your family veterinarian for your pet’s individual needs and long-term care.
- Abnormal heart rhythms
- Acute decompensated shock
- Bite wounds
- Blood loss or severe anemia
- Burns or smoke inhalation
- Difficulty breathing
- Difficulty urinating
- Life-threatening neurologic diseases such as seizures
- Multiorgan failure and serious complications from underlying diseases
- Special nutritional support needs
- Traumatic injuries, such as from being hit by a car
What to Expect from Our Critical
We know how important your pet is to you and understand how anxious you may feel while your pet is receiving care. After your critically ill pet is stabilized, our ICU teams will provide 24/7 vital monitoring and advanced nursing care with oversight from our critical care specialists. Depending on your pet’s condition, you may be able to visit your pet, just as you would visit a hospitalized family member or friend. We will provide updates for you about your pet’s condition and treatment and are available to answer any questions you have.
Critical Care Services
- 24/7 monitoring and ICU care
- Acute organ failure and sepsis management
- Advanced fluid therapy
- CPR and post-arrest care
- Expert trauma care
- High flow nasal oxygen therapy
- Hemodialysis and Blood Purifications
- Mechanical ventilation
- Post-surgical recovery with individually tailored pain control
- Respiratory support
- Stabilization and shock resuscitation
- Toxicity and poison ingestion management
Not all services are available in every hospital. Contact your local MedVet for services for that location.